2012年11月3日星期六

The Reason Why I Choose The Book



   Since we 'd better  choose the Canadian author books, I asked my homestay for some suggestions. She recommends Life of Pi and The English Patient.Compared to religion I want to have a deeper understanding of war through love, or I can say I want to have a special understanding of love through war. And The English Patient  is a book talks a lot about war and love.

     The story deals with the gradually revealed histories of a critically burned English accented Hungarian man, his Canadian nurse, a Canadian-Italian thief, and an Indian sapper in the British Army as they live out the end of World War II in an Italian villa. To be honest, I do know the history of war, but probably just in terms of some historical facts.  It's necessary for me to know more about wars personally and emotionally.In this story, Four people seem to be unrelated to each other live together for some reason. It makes me interested to get involve their life during the “nightmare”. I believe that every person has a special story of their own .What is the English patient’s true identity? Why does Hana would be so insist to save this patient? Why does Kip -- an India man defuse bombs for the British forces?

      Another significant reason is fairly simple, just because of this quote:
Thought I haven’t cover this paragraph, but I was deeply touched by this so that I know I have to read this book.

没有评论:

发表评论